Monday, May 28, 2007

My Precious 5-day Weekend

Mwahahaha... Korea for Summer '07 plan is pretty much definite! I'm gonna be in Korea from o8*o8 til o8*28, I think.

This is how my precious 5-day Memorial Day Weekend went.
1. Practice
2. More practice
3. Practice, practice, practice!

And still, no sign of looking for that summer job.



But yesterday, we did buy a cake from Coldstone, so properly named "A Cheesecake Called Desire" (Eheh, cute name... except Tennessee Williams is not generally spoken of in my household, so no one laughed when I went "Stella... Stella!")






It had a really sweet plain vanilla cake with cheesecake flavoured ice cream, raspberry sauce, and raspberry cream. The raspberry was really good! The cake was frozen solid because the guy at the store bought it out in a hurry and it didn't melt at all during the 5 minute car ride in the nicely air-conditioned car. We sliced one piece 3 knives later, so we decided to let it melt. (I suggested it as soon as we opened the top, but whatever...)




So my mother kept one of the knives stuck in there, as a symbol for our futile attempts to fight against the forces of nature...
Andrew started digging in to the one piece we freed with a spoon and a fork in each hand. He used the fork to keep the cake down on the paper plate while he scooped with the spoon. Oh, my genius baby! But at the end he decided to eat using both. I took a video, of course. It'll be up on youtube later.


So today, after Daniel came back from the Memorial Day Parade, sweaty and hungry from the marching, we made personal pizzas with all the stuff we have around the house. The theme for my pizza today was "Yellow". I mixed the tomato sauce with a little bit of curry, used sweet potatoe underneath the cheese, and added yellow paprika and pineapples for topping. As I predicted, it was a little bit too sweet, but I ate 3/4 of it anyway. It did get really sickening in the end.


Hitting Tanger Mall tomorrow with my mom, unless the rain promised by so many weathermen happens to come tomorrow.

No comments: